Typically a client with a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) is one that likes the control and wants to choose where to invest their retirement savings.
There are other advantages of using an SMSF when compared to traditional superannuation funds, such as
- Opportunities to reduce income tax on Investment income and capital gains
- Pooling of resources with other members
- Flexibility in the use of Pensions within the fund
- Property can be purchased and held in the fund
- Opportunities to borrow within the fund to purchase certain assets
- Estate Planning opportunities
However with these opportunities comes an increased complexity. The Financial Planners at Tilenni Stiles & Associates are accredited to advise on SMSF’s and have the specialised knowledge to guide you through the establishment and ongoing management of an SMSF.